November 13, 2018
In this season of giving thanks, don’t forget your employees! They help to keep your business moving along so you can accomplish bigger and better things—now and in the New Year. And if you’re wondering how to recognize your workers, have no fear. You don’t need to get overly fancy to say thanks, and many times, just simple acts of kindness will do.
Five ways to say thanks for hard work
For everything they do, consider the following ways to recognize your employees:
- Coffee and donuts. Most workers won’t turn down a morning pick-me-up with a side of pastry! And a morning treat can be seen as a grand gesture—because how often do we find ourselves running late and unable to stop for that cup of joe? Providing coffee and donuts as a surprise is an easy, effective way to say thank you to a group for their hard work and dedication.
- Just saying the words. Sometimes, simply stopping by an employee’s desk or writing them a quick note to say thanks for a job well done can go a long way. Feeling appreciated feels pretty good!
- Public sharing. Recognizing an employee’s accomplishments during a team meeting, in a company newsletter or on your corporate intranet shows your pride in their work. If you go this route, be sure you get the employee’s OK if a picture is included—some people get shy about this, and you want your recognition to have a positive effect.
- Gift cards and other merchandise. These don’t need to be elaborate. Branded company merchandise, like a T-shirt, water bottle or travel mug, can be enough to show your gratitude. Even a $5 gift card to a favorite coffee shop is a nice gesture to say thanks.
- A team outing. A group happy hour, dinner, lunch or other outing is an event enjoyed by many. Consider taking employees out at the completion of a big project, for the holidays, or during the summertime.
‘Tis the season!
Thanking your workers for their commitment to a job well done is important at this time of year, but gratitude is never out of season. It’s important for managers to get into the habit of saying thank you, and keeping it up year ‘round.
Looking for new workers?
Check out Inter-Connect. We’ll work with you to understand your staffing needs and place you with candidates who fit. To learn more, contact us today!